DTE is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our customers, the public and the environment in which we work and live. Our health, safety and environmental programs represent a proactive process that emphasizes the anticipation and the prevention of hazards and accidents in the workplace. By continuously reviewing our safety performance standards, DTE is firmly committed to enriching the lives of our employees, shareholders, customers and communities’. Our safety management processes are aimed at fostering a culture of safety where everyone is accountable for and involved in their safety, the safety of others and the well being of the environment. Making safety a habit is the focus of these processes for all employees; with the key to success being greater management commitment at every level.
DTE promotes environmental management as a fundamental value, as well as supports a responsible approach to protecting the health, and safety of our employees, customers and the areas in which we conduct our business.
Key elements of our HSE policy include:
- To provide positive reinforced guidance to managers and employees concerning health, safety and environmental requirements.
- To emphasize a due diligence approach to all incidents and learning from them, to prevent any and all reoccurrences.
- To focus on the importance of following DTE safe driving practices and teaching our fellow employees to be professional, safe and courteous drivers on our roadways.
- To reinforce our pollution prevention programs and processes to eliminate or reduce the release of contaminates into our environment.
- To ensure through education, practices and safety audits that all employees, contract employees and subcontractors are aware of their vital role and responsibility to fulfill DTE’s health, safety and environmental procedures and policies.